Are you into a fun shopping experience, amazing food, and all the good smells? We can’t wait to host you at our second annual DRCC Open House! Join us for a fun late summer adventure with your kiddos or girlfriends! Husbands are invited too, don’t worry! :) Here is all the info you need to know if you’re headed our way!
WHERE TO FIND US
- 67242 610th St. Lewis, IA 51544
- We will have lots of signs on the major roads to point you in the right direction, but your GPS will bring you right here!
- We are located on a gravel road, so don’t waste time getting a car wash before you come. You can thank me later for that!
- Please keep in mind this is also our home, so please don’t show up looking to shop anytime other than our open hours. Thank you!!
WHEN TO FIND US
- We will be open: 8:30 am - 3 pm, both Friday August 5th and Saturday August 6th.
- Please don’t show up early (because we'll likely be running around like crazy people!!), and be mindful of when we close each day so we can clean up and reset!
- We will have signs to help with traffic flow, but you will be parking across the road from where all the action will be.
- We ask that you don't park willy nilly so that everyone can fit!
- Also please don’t drive on our crops! Our cows are hungry girls!
- Last but not least, please make sure you pay attention and look both ways when crossing the road to get to the fun as it is a busy road (for gravel anyway!) and some big equipment buzzes by here once in a while, too!
- Courtesy transportation will be provided if you would like a ride. If you are handicapped feel free to let us know when you get here. There is parking available for you right next to the shop!
WHAT TO WEAR AND PLAN FOR
- It will likely be hot and you will want to explore, so dress comfortably! There is a lot of dirt and gravel here, so wear appropriate footwear! Heels are not advised.
- We will have porta-potties here for you to use, but if those aren't your thing consider stopping at a gas station beforehand.
WHAT TO BRING
- Money, honey!!! Our shop will be not only filled with all the smell goods, but some of our favorite things from our favorite makers! You’re gonna want to buy some of this goodness while you’re here. Also, its never too early to start working on your Christmas lists!
- An appetite! We will also have food trucks here (did someone say wood fired pizza + ice cream!?!) and coffee available for the early risers!
- An adventurous attitude! Bring sunscreen, water bottles, whatever you need and make a day of it! We are excited to host you on our farm!
- Patience: Last year we were overwhelmed with how many of you came to our farm to shop. We will have two checkout counters this year to help alleviate long checkout lines, but please be patient with us if we get slightly overwhelmed at times!
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Pack light! You won’t want to be lugging around a lot of stuff with you.
- Nothing too precious! We are not responsible for what you choose to leave in your car.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Our warehouse will be transformed into a storefront for your shopping pleasure! We will have our fall + Christmas collections available for you to sniff and purchase before they are available online. We will also have so many other goodies from other local small businesses for you to shop as well!
- Want to grab a drink and enjoy rural life? Perfect. We’ve got the yard games to help you enjoy the day outside, or keep your kids entertained while you shop!
- Did it even happen if you don’t post a photo on Instagram?! We’ll have a fun space for the perfect photo op with you and your crew!
- We will have sweet treats, coffee, wood fired pizza, ice cream and more. Bring your appetites!
- Want to see our cows and feed them some corn? We will do a tour to one of our summer cow pastures each day of our open house at 10 am. We will have corn on the cob that the cows will likely grab from your hand, and tour guides (read: my dad + husband who keep the farm running here) who can answer all your burning questions about our farm and cows in general. Bring your kids as they will love it!
WHO TO EXPECT TO SEE
- Yours truly, some members of my family, my incredible staff who helped me pull this event off, our cow cuties, some fantastic volunteers, and lots of shoppers from near and far! We can’t wait to meet you or see you again!!! Seriously! It’s the highlight of our year to host you!
BOUNDARIES, BECAUSE WE ALL NEED ‘EM!
- We want you to enjoy our farm while you’re here to the utmost! With that being said, there are lots of places that are unsafe to enter on a working farm. Please do not enter areas that are gated off, our house (please and thank you!), the barn or sheds, and please for the love of all that is holy do not climb over or open any gates or unchain any chains. That would ruin our fun very quickly if cattle were running amuck! Let’s keep you, our animals and land safe and healthy!
- We will have a photographer making the rounds during the open shop. If you do not want to be photographed, please let her know and she will be more than happy to keep you out of the shot!
HOW TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
- Questions if you’re trying to find us: you can text 712-220-7585 if you are very lost, but GPS should bring you right here!
- Questions when you’re on site: Look for anyone wearing a black Dirt Road Candle Crew shirt and they’ll help you out!