Farm To Table Dinner
It’s no secret that we love to share our love for the farm around here, so what better way to do that than with an amazing dining experience celebrating just that! We’ve teamed up with CommonGround to bring you a night of becoming more in tune to where your food comes from and to share the story of farm families, just like us!
WHERE TO FIND US:
- 67242 610th St. Lewis, IA 51544
- We will have lots of signs on the major roads to point you in the right direction, but your GPS will bring you right here!
- We are located on a gravel road, so don’t waste time getting a car wash before you come. You can thank me later for that!
WHEN TO FIND US:
- Join us on August 4th! Guests can start arriving at 4 pm. Guests will have first dibs on a unique shopping experience at Dirt Road Candle Co. in Michelle’s warehouse. Guests will also be able to enjoy appetizers and drinks while they shop.
- Dinner will start at 6 pm and we will have 3 plated courses following the appetizers in the shop.
- We will have signs to help with traffic flow, but you will be parking across the road from where the dinner will be held.
- We ask that you don't park willy nilly so that everyone can fit!
- Also please don’t drive on our crops! Our cows are hungry girls!
- Last but not least, please make sure you pay attention and look both ways when crossing the road to get to the dinner as it is a busy road (for gravel anyway!) and some big equipment buzzes by here once in a while, too!
WHAT TO WEAR AND PLAN FOR:
- It will likely be hot and you might want to explore our farm while you’re here, so dress comfortably! There is a lot of dirt and gravel here, so wear appropriate footwear! Heels are not advised.
- We will have porta-potties here for you to use, but if those aren't your thing consider stopping at a gas station beforehand.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Money, honey!!! Our shop will be not only filled with all the smell goods, but some of our favorite things from our favorite makers! You’ll likely find yourself wanting to shop while you’re here, and it’s never too early to start working on your Christmas list!
- An appetite! I can’t tell you how excited I am about the Chef catering our meal. Let’s just say you’re in for a treat!
- An open mind + fun attitude! We want this to be a fun experience for you to meet new people and learn more about agriculture as well. Come in the mood to be social and enjoy an evening with new friends!
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Nothing too precious! We are not responsible for what you choose to leave in your car.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Amazing food: Chef Joel will be plating up some treats for you to enjoy all evening, and his wife Jill will be pouring the drinks. Come excited to try new things and of course, eat beef!
- Live music: We will have live music to enjoy all evening by a local musician.
- Shopping: our warehouse will be transformed into a storefront for your shopping pleasure before dinner, and you’ll get first dibs! We will have our fall + Christmas collections available for you to sniff and purchase before they are available online. We will also have so many other goodies from other local small businesses available for shopping as well!
- Photo booth: Did it even happen if you don’t post a photo on Instagram?! We’ll have a fun space for the perfect photo op with you and your crew!